Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Tough times!

After reading Gym Girls post I better kick my workouts in gear. I may never move up to dancing however!!! I have an appointment next week (Tuesday, get to use a sick day for work, yes) with an Endocrinologist!! Let's see if my hormones are my problem!! We are also going to Gold's Gym on Friday for a tour, I was there today to check it out and liked what I saw. We will go on Friday for Pat to check it out. It has some advantages over the Y. NO KIDS!! They do have a kids center but it isn't "family orientated" like the Y. They also have an all women's weight room, the Les Mills classes, which is what Body Pump is and they have a boxing one! They also have better hours!! Of course they try to sell you on personal training, so I might have myself a new trainer for a month or so!! Maybe changing gyms and getting a trainer is just the change I need. Oh and at Gold's Sydney would be able to use the equipment. At the Y you have to be 15 to use the treadmills and elliptical. For the grand finale it is CHEAPER!!! So we will see. I also talked to Joy today she is the body pump instructor at the Y, one of them anyway. She is also the coach of the Momsontherun.com for Woodbury. She was super excited that I was interested in it and after talking to her I would really like to do it!! She said that everyone starts out walking and you work your way up to running by interval training!!! She did confirm to me that running on the treadmill is nothing like running outside!! Glad to hear as I thought I was crazy because I could do one and not the other!! I am looking forward to Saturday when I along with Gym Girl and my friend Bea attend the weight lifting class at one of the other gyms here in Woodbury!!! Where can you get and hour and a half of information for 15 bucks!!! I am sure we will be able to take some sort of information away from there!!!
Ok I said I learned my lesson on weight loss supplements (being sick and throwing up the whole day) but of course today when I took the dreaded DREN back I found something else I wanted to try. It is a natural appetite suppressant!! There is only like 3 ingredients in it if I remember correctly, one is pine nuts!! They had to order it but the guy seemed to think that it would be a good one!!! Honestly I think he was being serious and not just trying to sell me something!! I will defiantly try it on my day off when I get it. It was only $21 something. (I know I am a sucker). I really need these things to be the changes that shake things up for me and put me on the path to weight loss. I unlike Gym girl, almost cry every time I have to look in my closet and find something to wear!! ( This includes my work uniform) As an inspiration for myself I did buy a couple of new workout shirts today!!!! I wanted some capri workout pants for the class on Saturday but I am to short for those, they look DUMB!!! Be looking for big changes to come from this girl!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Look at you mixin' things up! I think as long as you can pronounce the ingredients in the weight loss supplement, it's worth a shot. I hope you get a better result from it. I'm looking very forward to Saturday! I need some help in the weight lifting area. I hadn't even thought about getting a different outfit... :)

    ReplyDelete