After taking 3 weeks off from the blog world I am back!! My time away was very emotional and stressful. On March 3rd my 29 year old sister in law lost her battle with Lymphoma cancer. She leaves behind a 25 year old husband and a 5 year old son. It all just breaks my heart. She was truly a fighter. What I can take from this is that our health is something that we shouldn't take for granted but for some reason we do, why is that?
I have made a few changes, for starters I canceled my WW membership, I am just not good at tracking, I know it is valuable but I can't see paying for something that I can't make myself do consistently and frustrates me. I did make a workout calender for March but with being gone for the funeral and emotionally drained that went by the wayside. However I did continue to workout at the gym, just not on the schedule I had planned which included weight training. Safer for me to stay with what I am comfortable with and know than to branch out during an emotional time. I have been concentrating on eating healthier and watching portions. It seems to be working well so far. I still need to get the water consumption up. Some days I do really good and others, I am lucky to get two bottles finished. I am going to a strength training class with a friend on Friday, that is the plan as long as she doesn't get called into work. Her gym, guess pass for me. If that falls through I will go to my own gym. It is starting to get nice out around these parts so hopefully some walks outside are in the near future.
I love the Hungry Girl show, she has some great ideas and I have one of her cookbooks and have pre-ordered the newest one. I think it comes the end of March. I have tried a few things, some I like and some are just not for me. I plan to make a few things out of the book I have this weekend.
For next week I want to have a menu planned, mix up my workouts, using the Shred DVD and the Master your Metabolism DVD, and use the treadmill more than the elliptical. Continue to eat healthier and watch portion control and up the water consumption. This is doable and I can do it!!!!
So...did the your tracker move or am I imagining it? 5.2 lost?
ReplyDeleteI think your plan sounds good and reasonable. I'm anxious to hear about the new recipes you try!
I am PRAYING for a happier next few months for our families!!!