Thursday, April 14, 2011

Here's the deal!!

This happens alot for me, I make a plan, I stick to it for a week or two then something throws a monkey wrench into the plan and I have a heck of a time getting back on track. Here's the deal. I did Shred for 9 days straight and went to the gym. I took Sunday the 10th off as we took a quick unexpected trip out of town and when we got back had other things that needed to get done. On Monday I started right back up with Shred, I had intended on going to the gym when I realized I had an eye appointment that evening. Then Tuesday rolled around, full of sunshine and a temp close to 70 I think. I had a Safety Meeting at work so I didn't get off until 4. I had eaten the lunch that we had a work, failure on my part to prepare my own. Lesson learned , DON"T DO THAT AGAIN. It was some sort of chili macaroni hotdish, I had about a cup, it was really salty. After I ate it I didn't feel right. I told my co-worker about 2:00 that I was sure the beef in the hotdish had come from a cow with mad cow disease. He told me that it wasn't even beef!! Thanks! I got home at 4:10 and hopped on the couch and fell asleep, along with a horrible stomache-ache I had a really bad headache. I called in sick on Wednesday. Not because I hate Wednesdays at work, it just so happened I was actually sick!!!! I didn't eat much on Wednesday and drank alot of water. The headache went away but the stomach was still not right. I did go into work today and made it the whole day. I am fine as long as I don't eat much!! I had a Smart One and some oatmeal today! The good thing about this is I can't seem to finish a Dt Mountain Dew, maybe I am on my way to weaning myself off!!! With all of this I have not done Shred the past 3 days nor have I been to the gym!! I do feel guilty but as Gym Girl said I wouldn't have gotten a good workout in anyway because I feel icky!!! I will be back on track tomorrow. It will be a Shred and hit the gym day as here in Mn they are predicting some snow!!! Really!!! I have been throwing around the thought of going to see a dietitian. I honestly know something is not right, I get calories in calories out, but I can eat more crap and fast food in weekend than any person should and not gain any weight, the next week I can plan out my meals, eat fruits and veggies and not lose any weight. Who does this? Since I started trying to lose weight I can honestly say I don't have a problem getting to the gym, it is the food that I battle with. I did see a dietitian about 2.5 years ago but she was not at all helpful, or in my mind she wasn't , she told me I needed to quit working out so much and to eat more and suggested I may have an eating disorder. It was not an option for me to work out less, eat more and think I had an eating disorder of some sort. I did not go back to her. I just feel like right now I am spinning my wheels and getting no where with the eating part. Any thoughts on this?????

1 comment:

  1. Falling off the wagon sucks. You've changed sincde you last saw a diatitan, maybe it wouldn't hurt to try it again with someone new. What's the worse that will happend? Make a deal with you, I've been thinking about going too, let's each go and then we can share what we learned? Deal?

    Mariah

    ReplyDelete