Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Mind over Matter

Is it really Mind over Matter when you are trying to push yourself just a little more during your workout or when you are trying to make very wise food choices for the day? I hear people say this all the time. When will I "get it" and it will " matter to mind" that I have made good choices for the day? Right now I'm not on the same brain wave length.
Last night I dusted off my 90 day journal and wrote down what I was taking with me to work today. I put a little sticker on the June 1st page that says "watch this" what this means for me is watch me right down my food consumption each day, good choices and bad, watch me write down my exercise and calories burned, watch me mark off the water glasses at the bottom of the page and most of all watch me transform myself!!!!!!! I left my 90 day journal open and on the floor where I can't miss it. Failure to fill in my information will lead to blank pages staring back at me!!

I know the rest of this week will be a challenge for me. I work a double shift tomorrow 7am-11pm and will be out of town for the weekend. That means no workouts and probably not the best food choices and some beer consumption. This is not an excuse for me it is reality. I am off work on Monday so that means I will be back in action. I will get a workout in, I will get to the grocery store and get some " quality" food and then make some meals to take to work for the rest of the week. Now that we have sunshine, let summer begin!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Testing...can I really comment on your blog???

    I will be here to support you anyway I can! I hope you enjoyed your trip to ND!

    ReplyDelete