Saturday, August 27, 2011

Fallen Officers 5k

Today i did nothing that I needed to do and I must say it was nice.  All the things I need to get done with still be there tomorrow.

Last Saturday I ran my 1st 5k, well I did the Warrior Dash in July which was a 5k but we won't count that since it was "3.1 miles of hellish fun".  On to the Fallen Officer's 5k.  It was a perfect morning for the race and I did it in 36.35 minutes.  I ran most of it only taking a few walking steps here and there.  I am certain I may have walked more but the thought of getting lost made me keep sight of runners ahead of me.  This was a very small race, it was unfortunate as it was for a good cause, I don't think they advertised much.  There was probably only 50 run/walkers total.  The other thing was that the path was not marked very well.  Had I not seen the women in front of me turn the corner I would have kept going straight and been completely off the course.  See why I had to keep runners in my sight!!!  This was also the 1st annual run so if they continue to have it yearly I will continue to run this one as long as I know about it. 

I got some not so nice feedback from one of my sisters, this is what she said, " what was your time"  36.35, " I thought you said you trained", Shut up, " well when I ran with Sharon (my other sister) her time was 29 minutes and mine was 30" (this was also about 4yrs ago)  Shut up, at least I ran today, more than I can say for you.  Still makes me mad that she said this but to each their own.  Then I was telling my boss about it, she has been wanting us to start a running group as she thinks it would be great team building, we really don't care for our boss.  Anyway she asked my time and I told her 36.35 she says " Well I guess that is respectable"  What is wrong with these people.  However the next day my boss brings me in a magazine with an article on how to train for a half marathon.  Both their comments made me mad but when I think about it now, who cares, I did it for me and not them and if it made me feel good then that is all that matters.  Will I run a half marathon, maybe, who knows I just started to "like" running outside. As, Future Fit Mom"  said If I want to run 13.1 I have to do it for myself not because someone wants me to, not because I need to prove something and not because someone else did, Because I WANT TO FOR MYSELF!!!  True that!!! 

I am on to trying new foods that other people have posted.  I saw Roasted Chic Peas on the Dr, OZ show the other day so I am making them while I write this post!!!  Will they be good?  We will soon find out!!  My next try will be to make my own peanut butter using peanuts, coconut oil and salt!!!!   I found this recipe on http://www.healthywithheather.com/.  Check it out she has some good looking things on there and  yep you guess it I will be trying the beet smoothie!!  It looks so beautiful!!!  Here is one more site that has WWPP recipes,http://www.emilybites.com/  The Buffalo Chicken Bites look so good, I will be making those for sure in the near future.

I have been experiencing some hip and leg pain since the 5k but rest assured I am seeing the chiropractor and still got  3 workouts in this week.  Hopefully I will be back up to speed soon.  For some reason the chiropractor thinks the fact that I don't stretch before or after a workout might have something to do with my pain.  Strict orders to start doing it!!!!!  When will I learn!!  Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment