Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Not seeing results

I must say I don't know what is wrong with me, I am just not seeing results in this weight loss adventure that I am on. I ask myself daily, "what am I doing wrong"? The first week of the Get Fit program we weighed in, the 2nd week I stayed the same with my weight, the 3rd week I went up 2lbs and this week I was down 1/2 pound. In week 3 my whole group was feeling the same dis-satisfaction that I was and we all seemed to be discouraged. After all, they are promoting 10lbs in 10 weeks. This week, there were only 3 of us at the meeting out of the 8 that started. 2 of us were discouraged and the 3rd lady was the inspirational one telling us to give it time. I shared my frustrations, the trainer said that I have killer workouts but I am not eating enough!! Are you really kidding me. I have been putting all my foods into the diary even when we eat out and I drink beer and I think there has only been once that I have gone over the calorie allowance. I can have between 1385-1885 calories a day. I was staying on the lower end but she told me I have to try and get on the high end for this week. Not a good week to try, I was cautious on Monday to stay on the low end, Tuesday I was sick, and today I still don't feel the best and had a crappy day at work. Normally when I have a crappy day I eat, today I didn't want anything. Weird!!! My boss told me to have a beer tonight and let things blow over, great I don't have any and I am far to lazy to go get some. Good thing or I would be calling in sick tomorrow. haha!!! I know there is no quick and easy weight loss solution but come on can I just have a sign that the adventure will get better. How about a 3lb loss for the week, or at this point I would even take one!! Next week is the half way point and all I have done is gain 1.5lbs!!! Not what I was hoping for!

2 comments:

  1. I can hear the frustration in your post. I just know that for all the hard work and time you have put into this, it will not be for nothing. You may step on the scale in a day or two and realize you have lost 3 or 5 pounds. It will happen. As for a sign, I am taking this as a sign-someone actually told you to have a beer and you (1) didn't have any in the house and (2) didn't want to go get any. Those, my friend, are 2 HUGE signs!! You are on track, just stay focused!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you! I hope you feel better soon. You are such a hard worker Shelia. The results will come. Don't give up on yourself!

    ReplyDelete