I love this!! So I had to post it.
I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe...
On to the purpose to this post. I started the Get Fit at the Y on January 11th. It is a lot of work tracking all your foods into their computer program, but you can learn alot so hopefully it will pay off. I didn't realize that we had to weigh in each week, so that is another plus. I did not lose any weight the first week but I did not gain any either so that is a plus. What I learned about my food is that I eat way to much salt/sodium. The RDA is 1500mg, some days I was 4000-5000mg. This is NOT GOOD. That seemed to be the consensus with the whole group. This week one of our tasks is to monitor sodium more and try to get all "A's" for the week. Yes, this program grades you. One of our other tasks was to take a mind/body class. yoga? Are you kidding me? I sucked it up last night and took the Body Flow class it is a combination of Tai Chi, yoga and Pilate's, with relaxation and meditation at the end. The instructor made me be in the front of the class, I almost left. I found that I actually enjoyed it and will try to continue to go. The only thing that I HATED was I had to use one of their mats and the fact that bare feet had been on it prior to me totally grossed me out. You have to take your shoes and socks off for this class, which is just gross to me. I HATE FEET!!!!!! I will have to invest in a cheap mat.
Last night was a LONG night at the gym, I did the Body Flow from 5:30-6:30 then did 20 minutes on the elliptical then did Body Pump from 7:10-8:10. I was so ready to come home. Might I add that in the Body Flow class their was a lady that was 9 months pregnant, hoping to have the baby any day and in Body Pump the instructor was 8 months pregnant. What, are you kidding me? This just goes to show these classes can be done by anyone!!!!!!
DEFINITELY get your own mat! I will be the best $15 that you've ever spent. I bought my own yoga mat after my first class too. I was so grossed out!
ReplyDeleteHow is it going with the sodium so far this week? I've really been paying attention to that since you told me about it. However, the pizza tonight will be enough for the entire week!
It sounds like you had a great night at the gym! You are such a hard worker...