Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thirsty Thursday!!

I went to the gym tonight and did 50 minutes on the treadmill then did 50 minutes on the elliptical. The kicker is that I don't drink any water when I workout, only when I am done. By the end of the elliptical I was dying for a drink. I have tried drinking during my workouts but I always get a side-ache or a stomach-ache. I get them even if I take small sips. So on the way home I drank a bottle of water, and I am now having a protein shake made with water, sort of tastes like watered down chocolate milk. I would love to find a protein drink that didn't have a weird after taste!!! I did gain 1.5lbs when I was on vacation but I am hopeful that with my good workout tonight and the little bit of food I ate today that I can get it to come off. I did have some chex mix today after work but all I had before that was half a yogurt and half a protein bar for breakfast, a peanut butter and banana sandwich for lunch and some fruit. A banana for a snack and a lite ham sand on a lite bun with a wedge of laughing cow cheese, before I headed to the gym. I have only had about 3 drinks of a Dt Dew as well. My goal was to drink 32oz of water today at work, well my water bottle was still half full when I dumped it out before I left. Sometimes I love water and other times I hate it!! You can bet tonight I will drink a ton of it and be up all night going to the bathroom, that is the way it always works!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is some workout! Holy smokes! I can't believe that you can do it all without water. You will drop that vacation weight within a day I bet. I know that ND trips include some beeer drinking so you are probably retaining a lot of water. Good for you for getting right back to it!

    ReplyDelete