Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Stress, can getcha!

What has been going on with me? Oh, where should we start. At the beginning of the month I was sick, my 1st day at the gym was Dec 5th!! As of today that is my only day at the gym this month. I had really good intentions they just didn't pan out. My sister came into town on Dec 6th for work, I knew that I would be hanging out with her a few nights but thought I could make it to the gym. I went out with her two nights in a row and did not go to the gym first. Bad idea. I was going to meet up with her on Wed after I had gone to the gym, however this is what happened instead. I had called my husband from work Wed morning and he told me that my sister had called him and said that we needed to head back to ND as my sister-law, who has cancer was probably not going to make it through the night. We knew she had been in the hospital but had no idea that she was doing so poorly. My sister and I took off for our 8 hour drive to see her. We arrived at the hospital about 9:30, she was still holding on and we were able to sit and talk with her. We spent the night at the hospital. We stayed until Saturday, she was and is at this time still holding on. Actually they are sending her from ND to Texas to the MD Anderson hospital today. This past week has been so stressful and emotional I can't even discribe it. When I look at all the physical and emotional pain my brother and her are going through it makes me realize I really have nothing to complain about. Not even my weight, or unhealthy ways. I also realize I have done this myself and I am the one who can fix it. I have options and choices, my sister in-law really doesn't have that anymore. So when you are down on yourself and frustrated just remember there are more things in life than the the size we want to be or feel we should be. As long as we are healty we have so very much to be thankful for.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for your family and all you guys are going through. AND, what a great reminder! I'm complaining about bronchitis (almost better after 4 weeks), but that is NOTHING compared to what your sis-in-law is going through. I'll be thinking about you, keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete