Why is it that I seem to lose and gain the same 5 pounds over and over again. This cycle has been going on now for about the past 3 years.
At night I will pack my lunch for the next day and lay out a plan in my head for my gym workout. I eat the lunch and as the day rolls on the gym workout doesn't seem to be as exciting as it was the night before. Even though I am tried and don't want to go to the gym, I do it!! Last Friday I did a strength training class with my friend, I was so sore for the next two days. Saturday especially, but once again I made myself go to the gym.
I feel all this excitement that I am doing the right things and then when the scale doesn't move or my clothes don't' feel any different I feel so defeated. I put in the work and don't get the results I think I deserve. It's the same kind of feeling you get when you know you are the best person for the job but they give it to someone else. How do you get over this defeated feeling? How do you turn defeat into accomplishments/success?
Such a good question She... I have to tell you something that Sydney said today. She is proud of your commitment to working out! We were talking about Gordman's opening in Woodbury. She told me that you were working out instead of shopping. She is quite impressed with you!!! Thought you should know...
ReplyDeleteThanks! In my mind that is how I justify that I deserve to be out shopping, put the work in first then take time for yourself. The mind games I play with myself!!! Gotta love them
ReplyDelete