Sunday, April 3, 2011

Committed to figuring it out!

Today is day 3 of my 28 days of committing to myself. This is how it breaks down and this is what I have learned in 3 short days. I think my heart rate monitor is monitoring someone else's calorie burn. (That is what I would like to think is the problem) According to my HRM I burn 150 calories less than the cardio machine says. I worked out for 2.5 hours on Friday, I used the treadmill and the elliptical, at the end of the workout my HRM said 1046 calories. Are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought I was going to die and I didn't even reach 1200 and worked out for 2.5 hours!!!! I also did Shred before going to the gym but for some reason my calories didn't show up. I wore it the next day during Shred and it said I burned 200 calories. I was devastated with the whole HRM reading. My eating was really good and I tracked all my food using the Daily Burn app.

On to Saturday, I was up early to attend the Coffee and Conversation at the Beat Coffee House set up by PFG, Jen. It was a very inspiring morning. Jen is such a nice person and is so genuine. Everyone there seemed to have this positive energy seeping from them. This is also where I made the announcement that my summer plans included doing the Warrior Dash, warriordash.com which I had just signed up for the night before. (Temporary moment of insanity) After getting home, I ran a few errands, did Shred then headed over to the gym.
This time I was there for 1.5 hours and still didn't get the 1200 calorie burn I was looking for.

Today, I got up earlier than usual and did Shred, then headed over to the gym, I had absolutely NO ENERGY and I only did 36 minutes on the elliptical, I didn't wear my HRM and the machine said 402 calories. I tried to force myself to keep going but I just couldn't do it today.

I looked back on my gym calendars and I have been to the gym 6 days in a row and have done Shred 4 of those days and the C25K training on 3. I don't know why this week or even the last 3 days at the gym were so hard for me. All through my journey I have went to the gym 4-6 times a week so working out is nothing new. I fall short with the eating part, however this week that has been on track. Where am I going wrong, why were the last 3 days so hard? If I don't' figure it out this is going to be a very LONG 25 more days!!!! Suggestions!!! I am still committed!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am real sad I couldn't be in Minnesota for the get together yesterday, but I am glad everyone had a good time!!

    The cardio machines are just a generalization. If you are counting calories in vs calories out, I would stick to the HRM!!

    And speaking of 5k's .... I am off to run one on this gorgeous Sunday afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you Shelia! I hope that you can find a trainer who will help you with that HRM. With that test you did, New Leaf, it should have given all of the information necessary. I know that was at the Y but they should be able to use it at your gym.

    Anyway, you are doing great! Thank you for hanging out with me (and 20 other people) on Saturday morning!

    ReplyDelete