A big thanks to Ann and her blog post about maintenance I think I may have had a revelation. I know there is a "maintenance" phase in the weight loss world, but what I didn't realize is that you could put yourself in that phase without really knowing you did it and before hitting your personal goals. You see I have been at the same weight give or take 5 pounds for the last couple of years. I workout at least 4 times a week and try to eat healthy. I don't count calories and I don't eat alot of fruits and veggies so healthy might not be the right word. It is more like " I watch what I eat". What I realized after reading Ann's post is that even though I am doing that, I am not working out hard enough or eating good enough to lose weight. I have had some really great workouts and some really great eating days, they are just not consistent enough to make me lose weight. What I started to think was "my body is at the weight it wants to be". Nothing seems to work. It is time for me to tell you that I need to revamp my workouts and start eating more "healthy" foods like fruits and vegetables and tracking what I eat so I can start seeing results.
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment". Buddha
No comments:
Post a Comment