Thursday, May 5, 2011

Raw emotions

Lately I have this cloud of emotions floating around that I don't know how to deal with. I am sad, upset, angry, overwhelmed, stressed, tired, and I lack motivation to do anything. Part of it stems from just getting back from Vegas, it was a great trip however I did not sleep well while we were gone then went back to work the next day. On Thursday before we flew out I found out that they would be having the burial for my sister in-law the following Tuesday. There was just no way for us to get off the plane Monday at 230 then drive for 8 hours to make it there. I am still so very sad I couldn't be there. The other part is work, family, my cousins cancer and even the weather. How do you re-motivate your self to get back on track when it feels like your world is spinning out of control?
'Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill.

1 comment:

  1. That is an excellent quote!

    I don't know what you think about this idea...give yourself a week to not worry about food and exercise. That catch is to try to do that without the guilt. You have every right to feel all of the emotions that you are feeling. After that week, see how you feel. Pick yourself up by the boot straps and jump off the depression wagon. I believe that most people, if they are being true to themselves, periodically need to just feel those raw emotions. Then you deal with them and move on...just my two cents.

    You are a strong beautiful person. Take this quote that you've found and post it somewhere you can read it often!

    ReplyDelete