I haven't been blogging lately because I feel like I am failing big time. I still exercise and try to eat healthy but I fail with eating. My downfall is always when I get off work. I eat good while I am at work, but when I get home it all goes out the window. It is a matter of two things, the first one being I know I don't eat enough while at work so when I get home I am starving and I gorge myself and two, I can do this because no one is home to see me do this. I do this to myself, I know this. After my hour or so of non-stop eating I feel guilty and will go to the gym or go for a run. I am acknowledging this behavior and I know it needs to stop.
I have been having some really good runs outside, might I remind you I am not a runner nor did I ever run outside until this spring. I am liking it. It really is easier on my body than the treadmill.
I had a realization at work today, I am a correctional officer and had to respond to a fight. I ran to the location with no problems but getting a good grip on the inmate was a different story. He was already on the floor so we just had to cuff him, stand him up and walk him to another unit. It felt like it took so much more effort for me to help get control of him, getting on the floor, getting back up all of it. It felt that way because I need to lose some weight!!!!!! On the upside of this is that myself and another female officer handled the the inmate on the walk down to the other unit. Believe me this is pretty big when you have 10 males that usually take control. We did it and we were awesome at it. I just want it to be a little easier for me next time. I can make that happen!! That is the choice that I will make.
I know that planning is a huge thing for me, I just need to do it 7 days a week instead of 3 or 4 or 5!! I am getting a new fridge on Friday, this is big, my old one froze the veggies and fruit if they got to far to the back no matter how many times I tried to adjust the temp. This one is also bigger. I can have my OWN shelves with all MY fancy containers where I can get to them easily!!!!!
One site I will leave you with and encourage you to check out is dashingdish.com. There is a recipes for a bunch of flavorful smoothies made with COTTAGE CHEESE!! Yes, that is correct, don't knock it until you try it. I have even tricked two co-workers with these babies!!! You will love them I promise. Check it out and let me know what you think!!!!
I am ready to put my best foot forward and make some changes!!! I am in control of my choices, me, myself and I can do this!
I am so proud of you! Those are hard things to admit. A few changes at a time... And running outside? Awesome!!!
ReplyDelete