Saturday, August 13, 2011

Back from vacation and ready to attack

I am back from vacation and ready to put some plans into action.  Before leaving for vacation I decided when I got back that I would stop drinking Dt, Mountain Dew.   I took all of what I had on hand back to ND with me and didn't buy any today at the store!!!!! Today is day one with no pop, so far so good even with a headache.

I have also known for awhile but chose to avoid the obvious that my eating is not where it should be, it is not that I over do the portions or eat bad stuff, ok busted,  alot of it is processed and I rarely have vegetables unless they are mixed with something.    So to change this when I went to the store today I did not buy anything processed or boxed!!  I bought grapes, clementines, bananas and peaches, I bought spinach, tomatoes, carrots, cucumber and a spaghetti squash.   I don't really know what to do with that guy but I have seen before where people use it in place of noodles, so I am going to give it a try!!!!  I like some raw vegetables but it is easier for me if they are cooked and mixed in with something.  Still have to trick myself sometimes!!!

I am also going to try and prepare my meals for the week, I am going to be doing some of that prep work today, cooking a bunch of chicken and figuring out what vegetables I can mix in with it!!!  I wanted to find some divided plates that had covers today but I didn't have any luck!!  My plan was just to plate all the meals and stick them in the fridge, nice and easy to grab.   Guess I will have to use multiple containers!!!!  I am going to try REALLY REALLY HARD to track what I eat.   At this point I dont' care about calories and if I can  I will figure out the WWPP ( I get overwhelmed when you eat something like hot dish that you have to figure out all the points) if not at least I will have written down what I ate.  It is a place to start.

On to the exercise part, I have always done really well with cardio, I may not always like it or want to do it but I do!!  It is no surprise that I hate weights!!!  My plan is to start Monday doing a Kettle Bell DVD or the 30 Minute Shred DVD or go to the Body Pump class at the gym.   I will do this at least 3 times a week.  The DVD's are both 20 minutes I think and the class is an hour.  I know 20 minutes might not sound like a "good" workout to some but for me that is a place to start.  I have done the Body Pump class before and I do like it other than the 20 million squats you have to do!!  The times for the class are not the most convenient so before I would say screw it.  Not anymore!!!

This is my plan of action, I am going to take it day by day and step by step and meal by meal. 

On Saturday the 20th I plan to run a 5K for Fallen Police Officers, I am waiting to sign up to see if any co-workers are going to do it with me. 

Last but not least here are a few web sites/blogspots and an I-phone App you might find useful.   The I-phone App is called fooducate, it is FREE!!  You scan the bar code on a food and it will give you a grade and the WWPP value along with alternatives that are a better choice!!! 

Now for the websites/blog spots....  thehealthyapron.com, anutritionisteats.com, pointlessmeals.blogspot.com,http://www.howsweeteats.com/

http://www.skinnytaste.com/

Enjoy and have a great week!!
it





2 comments:

  1. Giving up soda is awesome! You will be amazed how your tastebuds awaken! I gave up soda a few months back, ocassionally I'll grab a can here or there now, but not like I was, and its not as good as I remember. The further you get from it the better off you are!

    Giving up those processed foods will do wonders for you too! Spaghetti squash is amazing! Cut that sucker in half, scoop out the seeds, heat oven to 400 drizzle with a little olive oil s&p and roast cut side down for 35-45 minutes, until the insides are tender.
    Uhm.... http://startcooking.com/blog/523/Spaghetti-Squash is a great guide with photos on how to do it, and scrape it to look like spaghetti. :)

    Keep us updated on how things go! I hope you do the 5k even if your coworkers don't join you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it! I think I need to borrow your shopping list and take ice cream off of mine.

    ReplyDelete