Happy Valentine's day to all!!! Just a quick update I am on day 5 of my clean eating plan and I am down 6.1lbs!!! Yes, that is correct!!! Be it water weight or the fact that my body is in shock that I haven't had processed carbs or any sugar other than from fruit in 3 days, I will take it!!! This is by no means easy, but if each day can bring a loss on the scale I will be happy. I am limited to working out because of the plan and the fact that I am still seeing the chiropractor, so I have only been doing 20 minutes on the elliptical, I hope to up it to 30 soon if my hips and legs can handle it!!
In the morning I have been drinking Yerba Mate tea, something new for me, let me just share it is nothing like Dt Mt Dew!! hahaah Lot's of water as well.
Last night was a true test for me, I went to Happy Hour with some friends and I DID NOT have beer, I had WATER!! For my food choice I had a hamburger with no bun, salsa instead of ketchup and celery sticks in place of the fries!! I had the burger instead of chicken because it was $5 burger night.
I believe we will be going out to eat for Valentine's day, this will be like last night, all about choices. I will probably have steak or chicken, and a veggie. I can't have a potato so not sure if I really want the steak. I have few hours to decide. My plan is to have a small piece of angel food cake( not on the plan, but a very low calorie) and strawberries for a dessert treat when we get home!!
I applaud all those out there that have made clean eating a healthy habit and built it into their life style. It is not an easy thing to start, let alone continue!! Congratulations to all of you!!
Just so you all know I really wanted Olive Garden tonight but after reading Ann's post you can make healthier choices. Thanks Ann
Yayyyy!!! Congrats on the loss and sticking to healthy choices! GREAT JOB!!!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteHELLO!!! So...we text all night and you don't tell me that you ditched 6.1 pounds! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so proud of you, so happy for you...I'm just so excited for you!
ReplyDeletePS - I know that was a lot of exclamation marks...but you know how I am. :)