Monday, February 6, 2012

Toxic Body

I am really here!! January was not the month I had hoped it would be.   I had a little weight loss but that loss has now turned back into the same old number on the scale that doesn't like to move.  Speaking of moving, my exercise has now been limited due to very bad hips, lower back, shoulder and neck pain.   The worst is the hips!!  I am on a treatment plan with a new chiropractor, I will be going 3 times a week for 3 weeks just to get back to where my body can function properly.Now that is intense!   On the picture she gave me she colors red where I have issues, there is a whole lot of 'red" going on for me.   I am limited to stretching, upper body weight lifting and elliptically for now.  Guess I might be trying a yoga class after all!!

I am also going to be doing a 21 day clean eating plan, this is scary but the Dr, that oversees it says I will see great results.  He says that while I work out and try to eat the right foods by body is so toxic right now it wants to hold on to my fat instead of letting me lose it.  That sounds so gross to me.   I should be getting all the information in the mail within the next couple of days.    It may seem extreme but I figure for 21 days I will challenge my body to learn to love fruits, vegetables and protein and get it to except the fact that carbs, crackers, beer, and chips are not what it needs to fuel itself.    

I plan to blog about my 21days, it may not be every day but I will try!!  Since I am an emotional eater this will help, when I want food I will just have to blog!!!!!  
Now if we could get this weather in Mn to stay like today with a temp of 42 for the rest of the winter everyday would be so much better!!  Loving the sunshine!! 

2 comments:

  1. I'll be excited to hear how things go!!! :) Good luck - you'll do great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post - I'll be watching with nervous anticipation cheering you on! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete