I can't believe it has been so long since I have put anything on here!!! This page is what makes me some what accountable for my actions. When I can go back and read what I have been doing it is sometimes just the wake up call I need.
I have kind of given up on doing the new leaf program at the gym. It is so stupid because it is a 12 week program and I did it faithfully until about week 6. Why would I quit then? not sure. I am just not good at following a plan at the gym. I like to go in and do whatever I want to do. I am not sure why this is, I would probably see results if I followed a plan!!! haha
I did start the 5 week Lazy Man Triathlon at the the Y. For some reason I can do this, maybe because I can choose what days I want to run, walk or swim!!
I have done 11.25 miles of the run and 22 miles of the bike/elliptical. I choose to elliptical more than bike if I can because I burn way more calories on the elliptical than on the bike.
I am finding that my new shoes aren't as great as I thought they would be, they hurt my feet when I elliptical. So I guess I will use them for running and either get some new ones or use a miled out pair for the elliptical.
The other part that is a challenge for me is that I don't like to take to many days off a week at the gym when I do this Lazy Man therefore my legs are super sore ALL the TIME!!!
Today I could only elliptical 2 miles because my legs hurt so bad, but I biked for 5.5.
The thing about this is that I think I want to get it done as fast as I can! So in a sense it is a little challenge for myself to see how fast I can complete it. I hate the swimming part so that is where I will fall behind.
I tried to do the 3 day detox again, I started yesterday, I did great yesterday but had some pretzels and a handful of chocolate peanuts today!! I am so irritable if I don't eat carbs. No, this is not a way to justify having them, I "need" them. What I need to learn is that I don't need them in HUGE quantities!! There is a reason for the word "moderation"!!! I better look the meaning of that word up in the dictionary!
I had a really bad 2 weeks where I ate whatever I wanted and I didn't care. There was one day that I had about 6 cookies, I was so sick from all the sugar, it was so stupid. ( I am not a sweets person, I am more about the salt and the crunch). Someone at work says "why are you eating that crap, you always watch what you put in your mouth" here is the reason, I'M SICK OF WATCHING EVERYTHING I EAT AND SEEING ZERO RESULTS, how's that for an answer!!! I had a half a case of beer last weekend and of course had a blizzard after about my 6th beer!! Are you kidding me!!! However I did still go to the gym, so that was the plus side.
I am ready to get back on track, however this detox without the carbs is not really the way for me to do it. It worked better last time when I only ate chicken and vegetables. I ate the green giant veggies that had the sauce on them and mixed in the chicken. It was more like eating hotdish. I did cut way back on the carbs the week I did that, but I didn't eliminate them. That is a much better choice for me!! At least people can stand to me around me.!! I lost 6lbs!! (sad thing is I have gained them back, I think all of them last weekend) BOO HOO HOO, "you did it to yourself girlfriend"
I need to kick it into high gear so I can lose at least 1 fat roll before Vegas in Oct. I will shoot for 2 fat rolls by December. Maybe that will be enough for me to win the 500.00!!!! I could buy a very nice Christmas present for myself with that cash. However I did tell Shopper Hopper that we could do a couples weekend if one of us won, Come on Shopper Hopper a little help here would be nice!!!
Well Shopper Hopper just got done horking down a candy bar, a whole baggie of cherries and a handful of pringles. I didn't each lunch today, so the munchies are getting to me. I brought left over spaghetti for lunch, but I didn't want that, so I skipped lunch and then ate crap-
ReplyDeleteI just love reading your posts! It's nice to be able to relate with someone. You are a machine in the gym. You just need to eat what your body needs. Isn't that funny? That's what we all need to do, just nourish our bodies. Yet, it's all so complicated.
ReplyDelete