Monday, October 5, 2009

My friend- FRUSTRATION

I think I fell off the face of the earth for awhile, no not really, just plagued by my old friend FRUSTRATION!!! I can't stand it when she comes to visit, oh who am I trying to kid, she LIVES with me. She is with me 24/7 and I don't know how to tell her to LEAVE!!!! I do have some ideas on how to get her to take a long deserved vacation.

I went to check out what I thought was going to be this great opportunity to do a boot camp 2 times a week today, only to find out it was a total scam, if you want my opinion. First off they weren't going to have an hour long class 2 nights a week like they said, they also said that you didn't have to belong to their gym to do the class. Well, you don't have to belong but you do have to pay a $150.00 fee to get a 3 month membership to their club, then their classes are either a half hour a night 4 nights a week or an hour a night 4 nights a week. So the cost was between $450-650 depending on the class. NO THANK-YOU!! They had a nutritional part with this camp and the lady I met with kept saying the "software" we use, but never said what. Their web site does though, they use the dailyplate.com!! IT IS FREE TO ANYONE!!! They can't give you a meal plan as they are not nutritionists. So back to square one on the eating part even though they say they "can help you". I also asked how the class was set up. Usually they have about 10 people and it is done in their studio with free weights and your body weight used for the strength part. They do jumping jacks, push ups and sometimes circuit training. NO MACHINES!!! So in reality this sounds just like the boot camp they have at the YMCA and I can do it for FREE. I have actually tried the class and didn't care that much for it, the other bad part is that it is only offered in the morning.
So with all this disappointment I decided that I can try and come up with my "own" boot camp plan and I can use the dailyplate as a food guide.
Tonight I did take a quick look at the daily plate. It says I should have like 1532 calories a day in order to lose 2lbs a week. I put all the food that I ate in it today and the sad thing was I was only over on calories by 28. ARE YOU FLIPPING KIDDING ME!!! I ATE 3 ZINGERS FOR THE LOVE OF MONEY!!!!!!
The lady at the boot camp consult had told me that the food plan is based on 40% carbs 30% fat and 30% protein, so with this in mind on the daily plate, even though I was only over my 28 calories I was out of the ball park on the % of each today. ( However I am not sure how to figure that out, if I can have 1532 calories a day don't I divide that by .40 to find what % of carbs you need to get to 40%). Sheryl figure this out for me and let me know. ( all 3) I know you are dying for something to do at work, and since working with numbers is your job, I know you will get it right!!!
With this said, I can see where it is the combination of foods that you eat that will have the biggest effects and show results!! ( This is also what the lady said today). By the way they recruited her to be a trainer, so not sure if she even went to school for it, however she did do their boot camp) whatever!!!!

My big plan is to try and put my foods into the daily plate each day, continue trying to do body pump 3 days a week and maybe change up my cardio routine a tad. I will see where this leads me. If I start seeing results then I should be strong enough to kick FRUSTRATIONS sorry ass right to the curb!!!! If your lucky she won't land on your doorstep when I kick her so hard!!

2 comments:

  1. You are right - take your calories x .40 to get how many of your calories should be carbs, x .30 for fat and x .30 for protein. Where is all of this are fruits & vegetables? Isn't that missing? Or do you just go off how many servings? Just curious! I hope you post again so I know how your war with frustration is going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you've kicked Frustration yet, but the Bitch seemed to land on my doorstep anyway and she brought a few bags of Halloween candy with her!

    ReplyDelete