Monday, March 29, 2010

What to do?

I e-mailed my dr for some weight loss advice and all I get out of her is to try taking the over the counter diet pill Alli, this from a dr? Are you kidding me? I am going to pass on that, If I want a piece of pizza I don't want to have to know where the nearest bathrooms are on my 10 minute car ride home. Won't work for this girl, been there, done that, not to be repeated!!! I am going to look for a different dr and see what they have to say! Until then I will watch what I eat and exercise!! Gotta love it!!

On a positive note this weekend I made Turkey chili and froze it, and meatballs, which as I am posting I am making rice so that I can mix with the meatballs, and some salsa for a delectable lunch tomorrow!! I also cooked the chicken up for the enchiladas we had tonight!!! Sure made making supper a piece of cake. Oh I made Angel food cake this weekend as well. Along with all this I cleaned veggies, sweet peppers, pea pods and I have a jicima to cut up!!! I think I am really going to try and make things on the weekends so that they are all ready to go during the week!! Healthy and fast gotta love that!! The recipe for the Chicken Enchiladas is on the Skinnyweek.com site. I have also become a fan of the Yoplait smoothies. They are in the freezer section kind of spendy, $3 something but it will make 2 8oz glasses and all you have to do is add a cup of skim milk. I have been making them for breakfast and adding some protein powder!!! I also tried making "Skittles" you pour sugar free dry jello on top of red grapes and freeze!!! I think you have to "savor" them to get them to taste like a skittle!! Sydney and I like them. Skinnyweek.com once again! Last "goodie" for the weekend that I found was Skinny Cow Strawberry Cheesecake icecream in a single serve container. 150 calories and I think it is 2 ww points. They have different flavors as well, got them at Cub for $1.00!!!! It was a productive weekend!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Impressive weekend my friend! I agree with you on the Alli decision and the decision to look for a new doctor. I think it would be a good idea to find a more holistic doc - someone that's not going to push meds on you. Anyway, congrats on the cooking success! I bet that will make a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete