Where have I been, well I was in the great state of ND for a week. I tired to update my blog but for some reason I couldn't log in. This is how it went. We had to go to ND to help take care of my father in-law who had a knee replacement, on the way there I find out my dad is in the hospital. They didn't know what was wrong with my dad, turns out he had a hernia that was attached to fat or covered by fat so they couldn't find it right way. They spent 3 days looking for the problem. They found it late Monday night and he had surgery. All went well. Both dads are doing great.
Now for me, we left on Sunday about 10am, it is about a 7 hour drive, I got up and did Shred before we left. I did it Mon, Wed and Thur while we were there. I only missed on Tuesday. I did not have a gym to go to while we were gone but I think I made up for some of it by doing some yard work. Taking down part of a very tall hedge is alot of work!!! I am very good at carrying branches.
All in all I am very proud of doing Shred for the whole month. I missed a total of 5 times that I didn't do it. I took measurements at the start of the 3rd week. I re-took them today and I have lost inches!!! 3.5inches, the breakdown one off each arm, one off the hips and .5 the chest. I am happy with inches, even if it is not from the places that I want it to be from. As far as the stupid scale I have had it with it. It still is the EXACT same as when I started on Sept 1st!!!
I am not sure what Oct holds for me as far as exercise challenges!! I really want to lose 5lbs by Oct 22nd, my 38 birthday!! I went to the gym yesterday and did some cardio and a few weights, today I did Shred before the gym then did 35 minutes of cardio. I really want to figure out a schedule that will work for me to take the Body Pump class at least 2 times a week. It is harder at this gym, they have really odd times for classes if you ask me. I will not let a schedule set me back I will figure something out. On the flip side of that I did take 3 unopened DVD's from my sister when I was back so I can always do them. They are from the Barry's Bootcamp set. I don't even know who he is!!! I am about to find out!!
My eating when we were back was not on a schedule at all, I didn't eat more food than I did before I just ate more crap food!!! I DID NOT have Chex mix!! That in and of it self is a huge accomplishment!!!!
We did not eat out once this weekend, which is really good. I have eaten fruit, lots of raw veggies, I have tried Hummus, which I actually like (roasted red pepper), I have drank lots of water, and have been very conscious of portions!!! I have had one DT Dew this weekend!!!
I was telling Gym Girl that for some reason my cravings are changing. I have not craved chips, I had a beer on Friday night and it did not taste good, I bought Peanut M&M's at 2 different gas stations when we were traveling and only ate 2 M&M's out of the one bag and the other bag is still unopened. Things might just be looking up for me!!!! Welcome October!!!!
I am so proud of you She! 3.5 inches is amazing, in 30 days!!! Most importantly, you stuck with it. I can't wait to see what October brings for you!
ReplyDelete