Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Channeling the tears

Some days are just "bad days". I did really well on Monday on my 40 days of fitness fun plan, I did 55 minutes on the elliptical, ate my veggies, drank my water and had a planned out lunch and supper. Now on to Tuesday, this was a horrible day, I had a planned out lunch at work, I drank my water then hit the road to the gym. On the way to the gym I got a text from by brother saying his wife's cancer was back. What? Not the results we were hoping for. I only did 35 minutes on the elliptical that is all I had in me. I came home and had a planned out supper, but failed to eat any veggies with it. After supper I called a friend who had left me a message to call her as soon as I could. More bad news one of my past co-workers from ND had passed away unexpectedly at the age of 55. So sad! Today I am not going into work until 3 so that means I got to sleep in, which I really needed. I got up and was still feeling sad and in shock over my friend. I did not want to go to the gym or do anything this morning. After a hour or so I decided the best way to channel the tears and sadness would be with exercise. I did the Shred DVD then headed to the gym where I did 15 minutes on the elliptical and 50 minutes on the treadmill. It felt good to exercise I think that is exactly what I needed today!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about Mona and about your co-worker. That is definitely a difficult day! I'm so proud of you for making the effort to still take care of yourself. You needed that! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your friend. Great job channeling the tears.

    ReplyDelete