Thursday, November 11, 2010

Tis the Holiday Season

The holidays are just around the corner, 14 days until Thanksgiving and 43 days until Christmas Eve to be exact. Wow, they are coming up fast. I am still working on doing a challenge for myself. My plan is to start on Sunday Nov 13 and end December 23rd. This will give me 40 days of action!!!! I will let you know on Sunday what my plan of action is going to be. I didn't focus on food this past week and ate what I wanted, I didn't lose weight but I think my head is lighter. I feel like my brain isn't always in overdrive wondering if what I am eating is a good choice. Don't get me wrong I did make some unhealthy choices. One thing I know I need to work on and will be in my challenge is eating on a schedule of some kind. I still struggle with breakfast, have lunch at 10:30 then eat crap around 3:30 because I am so hungry and feel guilty about it later.

Today I had the day off so I checked out 2 of the P90X dvd's,(borrowed from Gym Girl, thank-you) (Ab Ripper and Shoulders/Arms) Let's just say it was hard, very hard, but in a good way. Then I went to the gym and did 35 minutes on the elliptical. I had done 55 minutes on the elliptical last night so my legs were really sore today. I did make an AWESOME PUMPKIN SMOOTHIE this morning. HERE IT IS COMPLIMENTS OF HUNGRY GIRL. Yummy!!!www.hungry-girl.com

1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin
4 oz. Diet Snapple Peach Iced Tea (I used Dt Tropa Rocka Snapple Tea)
4 oz. Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze
cinnamon, nutmeg and/or pumpkin pie spice (to taste)
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
Splenda (to taste)

The changing ingredient is 1 tbsp. of some sort of vanilla protein powder (Jay Robb's Whey Protein rocks!) OR 3 oz. of fat-free vanilla yogurt. And sometimes I'll throw in a splash of Torani Sugar Free Syrup in Brown Sugar Cinnamon. I just toss all of the ingredients in a blender with lots of crushed ice (about a cup and a half of it) and blend it all for about a minute. YUM -- this smoothie is so good, I can't stand it! And, the most amazing part is that it only has about 100 - 120 calories, depending on exactly what you choose to put in it -- and it is SUPER-filling! Try one of these no-name peachy pumpkin drinks and you will be HOOKED. I can almost guarantee it!

Happy Hour tomorrow, this is the make up one from when I was sick, so there won't be any gym and because I know myself so well I will not make good food choices. We are suppose to get snow on Saturday and Sunday, if that happens I will get some of my exercise in shoveling the drive way!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to make that smoothie! I LOVE pumpking almost anything. It might as well be a pumpkin smoothie versus a pumpkin spice latte from Panera (oops, did I just admit that?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curious to hear about your 40 day plan. My food has SUCKED!
    I think I am the only person in the world that doesn't like pumpkin. I do like smoothies though. Supposed to snow, where are you?
    Smoothie in the snow? interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurie I am in Minnesota!! Gotta love the snow!!! NOT!!

    ReplyDelete