As you can tell by the title and if you know me at all, you know I am going to try this "new diet plan". Here is the reason why, when I went back to work after being on vacation my co-worker "aka" personal counselor Romo said " do I look different to you" I said "you do" she said " how" I said " you've lost weight", her "can you really tell" me, " yes, I haven't seen you in almost 2 and half weeks". She had been doing the 17 day diet!! Now, unlike me she got the gist of the plan from another co-worker and didn't spend $30.00 on a book that contains all the info. Officer Romo has lost 6lbs in the first week and she cheated a bit on the plan. She is not obsessive about her weight like I am and only needs to lose maybe 10lbs if even. I started the plan on Monday, with only the info that she had given me, as I was still waiting for my book to arrive. Basically you eat 2eggs, 2 yogurts, 2 fruits (only a few certain ones)all before 2pm. Along with these items you can have all the protein and veggies you want. Only fat-free dressings and no condiments unless sugar free or sodium fee. The thing with Monday was I did really good during the day but choose to eat a cup of spaghetti and 2 pieces of french bread and spinach for supper, I had also worked out for 60 minutes. On Tuesday I did the same thing, ate well all day then chose to eat 2 tacos for supper, however I did not go to the gym. Today I did the same thing ate well during the day, went to the gym and did 40 minutes on the elliptical then came home and had lettuce with tuna, tomatoes, red peppers and some lite dressing. I was still starving so I melted cheese between 2 tortilla shells. Let me tell you..... something went very, very wrong and I got the worst stomach-ache and ended up in the bathroom. What happened there? Punishment for eating what I shouldn't have had. One day I will learn. hahah The thing with starting on Monday was lack of planning on my part, as I didn't' plan our supper meals with food I could have, like turkey or chicken. Enough with the not planning. As I am typing this blog, I have chicken breasts in the crockpot, enough for the next couple of days.
Here is how I will eat tomorrow. I will have a clementine around 7:30 and another one around 9 or 9:30. At 10:30 I will eat 2 egg beaters omelet style, with spinach, red peppers and celery and banana peppers, seasoned of course with a Mrs. Dash, tomato basil and a yogurt. I will be at work so if they have a cooked veggie I like I will have that as well. Around 1:30 I will have another yogurt and some sort of raw veggies. Supper will be veggies and chicken breast!! I have been drinking lots of water. I didn't have pop for 3 days until tonight when I just had to have it. Romo said no pop, but after reading the book, it says you can have dt. I think she tricked me so I would quit drinking it!! hahah The other co-worker has lost 10lbs and she is still on her 1st 17 days. If it worked for them it better work for me!!!!!! It says that you should exercise 17 min a day. I got that one down. This is a good plan for me, I think, I am such a carb junkie that this will force me to eat better. I have tried cutting carbs before and let me tell you I am not a nice person to be around. Even though I have had carbs the last 3 days I have not had near the amounts of what I would have eaten before. That is a good thing. Gotta go chop the veggies for the omelet. Be tough, be strong, be real!!!
Good for you She for finding something that works! I know that this week will be difficult but you are amazing and can do this!
ReplyDelete