Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What the Dr Said

Yesterday I had a Dr. appointment to discuss weight gain and loss and pain in both IT bands.  The Dr., has put me on a 1600-1800 daily caloric intake, great just what I want to count calories.  I suck at this and it drives me crazy.  I can't seem to even write down what I eat let alone how many calories it is.  With that said I am really going to try hard and DO IT!  I am starting slow to finish off this week because we will be out of town for the weekend and I know I won't write down what I eat nor will I know the calorie content.  I will start fully on Oct 3rd!!  Good luck to me.  The overwhelming part for me is when you make hot dish or lasagna and have to figure out the calories, it boggles my mind. 
On to the IT band pain, this has been going on for sometime now and it is partly due to the fact that I have a rotated pelvis, which causes my hips to pop out of place which in turn puts awkward pressure on the IT bands, that is how I understand it in a nutshell.  I will be going to see a sports medicine dr in the near future.   I am guessing this will lead to some physical therapy.  I am not opposed to this however when they have you doing exercises that are so strange in nature it makes me want to not do them.  Example, laying inside a door frame like a balled up cat, really, and this is helping my hips how?     We shall see how all of this pans out.  At this point my regular dr said I can continue working out like I have been without any restrictions.  Good to know.  Along with recording calories starting Oct 3rd I will also go back to doing the Supreme 90 Day DVD.  I am going to start completely over.  I did awesome for 2 and a half weeks in Sept.!!!     Since I get overwhelmed so fast I am going to take both the food and the exercise day by day.  I know I can do it and I want to do it so I WILL do it.  

I need to learn to work "interruptions" into my plan.  An example of that is when I work a double shift, 16 hours means no workout, one missed workout leads to two missed workouts which keeps going from there!!  I need to make myself understand that just because you miss one doesn't mean you have to continue down that path.  

I am working the 3-11 shift today, goodness I need to learn to say NO when people ask me to switch shifts, it always screws me up.  However this morning I got a great workout in and burned 885 calories in and hour and 18 minutes, which equaled 5.91 miles on the elliptical!!! 

I have tried commenting on a few people's blogs and "good old blogger" must be having a problem again because it isn't letting me!!!!!

Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate to missing one work out to missing all your workouts, but It sounds like you have a good plan. Have you ever tried using www.myfitnesspal.com? It makes calorie counting SOOOOO easy. I would never EVER calorie count, but since I found that site I've been calorie counting ever since. Everything and anything is in there with the calories...Try it if you haven't.. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete