Thursday, May 7, 2009

I amazed myself!!!

Hi there, I am back, yes I have been busy and my business has not included much gym time. No, not much happy hour time either, haha. Last weekend we made a quick trip to Fargo so therefore no gym Saturday or Sunday, I did work Saturday, got off at 3 and left about 6:15 for Fargo.

Monday I did go to the gym and did 45 minutes on the elliptical, Tuesday of course I didn't go to the gym, far to lazy and had to be home to watch BL at night!!! Wednesday I did 16 hours at work, gotta get that overtime when you can!!!

Thursday-today, I was super tired when I got home, those 16 hours yesterday killed me!! I watched my 2 hours of Y&R and took a little nap then headed to the gym at 6:45. I did 5 miles on the treadmill in 55 minutes- RUNNING!!! I ran the whole thing with the exception of 3 times , once I had to re-tie my shoes, once to fix my I-pod and once to walk for 2 minutes as I thought I was going to throw up!!! I know GROSS!! I ran most of it at 5.8 then would increase to 6 and 6.5!!! It felt really good, with the exception of the 2 minutes I thought I was going to be sick, not sure what that was all about!!

Who catches up with me tonight at the gym, STACEY, my trainer!! Who would have thought she would be there at night, certainly not me, good thing I was having a good workout!! She has been wanting me to retest on on the New Leaf for awhile now so....... tonight I set up the appointment for next Tuesday at 11:30. I can't exercise the day before or eat before the test, guess I will just sleep in, that shouldn't be a problem for me!!!!! Love it!!

Oh, I must tell you that I actually lifted a few weights on Monday and tonight, don't start cheering yet, it is a small step.

However, I have been thinking alot about my sister-in law, Mona, she has stage 2 Hodgkin's Lymphoma, she is doing chemo and has started to lose her hair, actually she just had Sheryl save her head for her when she was up in Minot for work on Tuesday. With her in mind I have decided that since she did not choose to get cancer, but has to deal with it. I am not going to choose to lift weights, I am just going to do it!!! Yes, I know she has a much bigger hill to climb to fight the cancer, my point is that sometimes you just have to do things you don't want to or don't like!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking a lot about Mona too. Here I am bitching about my weight or other things that in the grand scheme of things are so insignificant, it embarrases me that I complain about them. Skyler and Zane shaved their heads Tuesday night too-I wonder if I should?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I understand why you scheduled your New Leaf for Tuesday.

    Funny how life throws us those little reminders about what's truly important.

    ReplyDelete