I can't believe it is June 10th already!!! wow, with this weather I thought it was April!!! What is frustrating is that when I have my days off it RAINS, not that we don't need the rain, but help me out here, I do work 6 days in a row how about one of them!!
This past weekend I went with my sister to my niece's soccer tournament, now when I say cold, I mean cold!!! I wore snow boots and a winter jacket, that is not a joke, I might have looked like a freak, but I was still stink'in cold!! At least they won 1 of the 3 games!! It was nice to see but not much fun, not to mention I was up at the butt crack of dawn both days to attend, not something I do on my days off. Look at how nice I can be!!
My new leaf is still going well, I had planned to do it all last week, but Wed and Thursday I worked late, one night until 8 the next until 11. (money, money, money, no time off cuz I can't stand being there) I could have went to the gym on Wed when I got off at 8, but I thought it would be much better to sit in front of the TV and eat. I did not eat good stuff either. No excuses I just didn't do it.
Monday I did spend two hours at the gym, one doing cardio and one doing Body pump.
Today I should have done two hours again to get back on track with the cardio but I just did Body pump, however I used the 22lb bar today!!!! I am so Excited about that!! I may not be able to lift my arms tomorrow but it sure felt good today, I even added weight to the bar!!!! At one point I had 40lbs on it for squats and something else. I hate squats no matter what I do they hurt my lower back, however I have just figured out that when you push your butt back you also have to point it downward, sounds dumb but that is what they tell you. I really, really have to concentrate while doing this!! Because my back always hurts that would be the reason I don't load the weight for squats!
I always wondered why when I did the chest track that my chest never hurt, well good old Trevor told me the last time he and I were at the same class that I have to squeeze my chest more and not use my arms. Why, thank you my friend, now my chest hurts. It is amazing how if you do it right you get more out of it!!!
The Y always does a Lazy Man triathlon in the summer, I think I am going to spend the $10.00 and do it again this year, I did it one other year, you have 5 weeks to complete it. Anyone want to do it with me? You can do it from anywhere (you just won't get the Y prize) you walk/run 26.2 miles, elliptical or bike 112 and swim or row 2 or 2.5 (whatever a triathlon is) I will get the exact numbers if anyone cares to join me!! It was actually kind of fun, I did the running in less than a week last time. Ok Gym Girl, if you read this I am going to break it down for you,(5 miles a day X5 days=25 so a little over one more mile to finish).hahaha The swimming sucked I left it all for the last week, who knew swimming 2 miles would take the whole week and almost kill me!!! Note to self for this year, do not do that again!
I would go back tonight to do the cardio but I think I'd better get my bathrooms cleaned, they are screaming at me!!
My friend Kim got me started on iced coffee, I don't really like coffee, but I have craved it the last couple of days, so today I got a mint something at Caribou, sad thing is I KNOW this will make me SICK!!! Is this some sort of disorder, knowing you will get sick and still consuming it? Like an anorexic will purge because they feel guilty and need to get rid of it, where I will go the other way and just get the runs, I know this so why do I do it? It doesn't make the dang scale go down any quicker. However if I had one everyday, then would it? hahah just kidding, I am not like that, plus the fact that I am to cheap to spend $4.60 on a dang coffee everyday!!
I really need to kick it in the butt, if I think that I am going to win the $500.00 at Christmas time for the family contest. Last time I talked with Judy she was down like 20lbs (thank you WW) myself still only 10. Mom, not sure if she is doing it or just pays her $10.00 a month, Sheryl, what are you doing???? Get off vacation and get back to the gym and this blog page with all your support for me!!! Shantel not sure about her either, last time I talked with her she was at a plateau (stop the beer and the scale will move).
I thought I was headed for a total of 11lbs lost last week, but when you eat a container of honey cinnamon almonds in 3 days it AINT GONNA HAPPEN FOR YA!!!!
Pat is doing so well on his plan, he has some cheat stuff but nothing compared to me, besides almonds my other craving is peanut butter on pretzels!!! Are you kidding me!!
I have decided that tomorrow June 11th I will once again eat what I am suppose to, good luck with that!!! Just kidding I know I can do it and I do feel better and have more energy when I eat healthy, but sometimes Culver's just calls my name!!! (If I would just remember to take the dang pills that control hunger, which really do work, it wouldn't be so hard) See, stupidity on my part once again!!!!
If I have the tools in my tool box why can't I build a healthier body!!!
Alright, Gym Girl is up for the challenge. I'm not too crazy about the swimming, but I will do it. I just need to figure out how much of a mile one lap is so I can calculate it correctly. Really, bike 112 miles? Anyway, whatever the challenge, I'm in!
ReplyDeleteI am off vacation. I hear you about the weather. It snowed (no kidding) and rained every day except one; that day it was only 50 degrees. We have T-ball tonight and it has been freezing at every game so far. I don't get what the weather man doesn't understand that it's the middle of June and not April! I'm sure we'll freeze tonight too. It's drizzley now, so maybe by tonight it will be too wet. If not, I'll do the usual; cover up with a blanket and still freeze!
ReplyDeleteAs for the challenge, I'm in. However, if you would like to plan something for me instead of the swimming, that would be nice. I don't swim; afraid of water dontcha know? Let me know what you come up with, when we start and when we have to finish by.