Saturday, August 28, 2010

Preparing for Sept 1st!

As I stated in my last post I am starting with a clean slate on Sept 1st!!! I want to be better at healthy eating and exercise. I can do it, I will be prepared!!!

What have I done to prepare, where should I start? For some reason I am getting my beer fix out of the way. I have drank beer the last 8 nights in a row and I am sure I will have some tonight. Am I proud of this, not really, but it's not like it has been a case a night, more like 3-4. There was Shantel's wedding, time with friends and family and then Woodbury days.

Then there is the food, we have some chips and crap left from the trip so I have been finishing that up!! This would also include the bag of chex mix.

So that is the bad part of preparing for Wednesday the 1st!! Here is the good part, I bought a couple new workout outfits ( wouldn't have had to if the others fit better), I bought a 90- day food and fitness journal, that means that I have to track what I eat and what my workouts are like. It even has a place for strength training, how many reps and pounds!!! Truly needed that!!!!. I have been trying to plan out some meals. I hate this part, I am not good at it. I will forge on with that. My plan it to follow the Weight Watchers plan with all the information I already have and not rejoin.

My downfall is breakfast I hate eating so early!!!! I am thinking smoothies will be the way to go or a protein bar. I would skip it all together if I wasn't in the " eat healthy mode". I am also going to try and give up Dt Mt Dew. I didn't even buy any yesterday when I was at the store.
What I did buy when I was there was an eggplant. I have no idea how to cook it or what it tastes like but I will soon find out. I am hoping to hit the farmers market at the Y tomorrow. I want to get some apples!!! Sweet Sixteen's or Connell Reds are my all time favorite!!!!!!

I have also found a blog http://www.livesmilerun.com.She is doing a 30 day challenge with Jillian Micheal's 30 day shred. I went to Target yesterday to checkout/buy the DVD and left without even looking at it. That was my whole purpose of going there, I did get my other stuff though. I will go back today. I really want to do the challenge, I am just not good with DVD's or commitment like that. I can get myself to the gym daily but that is somehow different for me. I do know that I need to change it up so this might be just what I need!!!! I need to decide soon, she will post me as a participant if I do!!!!

I also plan to blog daily even if it is just two lines, i think it will help me!!! Off to Target and to plan some meals for the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. You absolutely can do it! You are one of the strongest women I know! I'm excited for you...it's like health and fitness New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...and let me know about the eggplant! I've always wanted to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have added you to the shred challenge, thanks for participating, it's going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eggplant is amazing!
    I roast it on an cookie sheet after drizzling olive oil and throwing on salt and pepper. I think I do 400 degrees for about 30 minutes.
    The other night I announced "eggplant is my favorite vegetable"
    I am confused, is this a real blog or a blog for sisters to communicate? If it is just for the sisters, then my bad, I have intruded.
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laurie, please continue to comment. When I started this blog my sister and I were in the same " not losing weight spot", so she started a blog as well. She is shopperhopper. She has fallen off the wagon with the blog support, out of whitty comments I guess, just kidding, and out of time to keep her's updated. She contiues to support me on the phone or thru e-mails!!!

    ReplyDelete