Wednesday, April 15, 2009

80oz of water and different food

We, at the Harper house are changing the way we eat, I must stay it is a good thing but not very interesting, but yet hard. Our day consists of eating 2 proteins, 2 fruits, 2 veggies, 2 starches, 2 snacks 4 oz of milk and 80 oz of water. The selection of these foods is very limited. We are going to learn to be very creative. No more pasta, pizza or even ketchup for awhile anyway!! Oh and no BEER or diet mt dew!!! I am past the point of withdrawal from all my favorites, now I just need to stick to it. I have my moments when I feel like chewing off my arm, but they are getting better!! We had 4oz hamburger patties the other night on 2 slices of 40 cal whole wheat bread/toast and some salad. Sydney even ate ww bread, that would be because we toasted it so she couldn't tell, she did say it was good. ( yes I was drooling as she poured ketchup on her plate) Tomorrow I am going to try the Dr Oz green drink because it fits into the plan. I have made it before and it was pretty good. It is spinach, apple, cucumber and some ginger root all blended together with 4oz of water or ice. Last time I didn't use water, just ice but this time I will use both. I do recall that I liked it cold, I just used ground ginger and not root. The recipe on the web has other variations of things to add. What a "pretty, green way" to get some fruits and veggies without added sugars!!!! Just because I "liked" it don't get the idea that it will become my new "drink of choice". Let me tell you that will always be BEER or Winsor Dt. Cokes!!!!
I did not go to the gym on Tuesday night but I did go to Body Pump today. I might even take a walk or go back to the gym later tonight. Depends on what my 80oz of water lets me do!!! Sorta need a bathroom close by!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm curious - where did you get the idea for the exchanges in your meal plan? I'm so impressed!!! Those are all really big changes.

    ReplyDelete