Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I'm back

I'm back!!! My plan is to have a much better April than I did March. March was very stressful!!!!
My latest stressful event was my trip to Bismarck!! On Thursday when I left for there I hit bad roads about Fergus Falls, they weren't that bad, ok they were great compared to what I hit when I left Fargo. My whole 197 miles to Bismarck was GLARE ICE!!! At times it was near white out conditions. GREAT. I was able to drive 60 but probably shouldn't have, I made it to Bismarck in 3.25 hours.

My sister left on Friday, it was sunny and nice out, Saturday it was also sunny and nice out. Great the roads will be clear for my ride home. Sunday it started snowing and blowing about 5pm, it didn't stop. The blizzard had set in!!!!
Monday morning Gavyn's alarm goes off at 6am for school, I am not sure what made me turn the TV on but I did, they have no school, they have a blizzard!!!! Sheryl had made arrangements for the kids to go to friends houses after school so that I could leave as soon as I dropped them off that morning. Not happening!!

Sheryl and Brent got home about 12:30 they were going to take a cab from the airport but there were no cabs running because of the weather. The mall had even closed!! Brent quickly cleaned the driveway with the snow blower so that I could get on the road.

There was no travel advised but they hadn't closed the gates so it must not be that bad on the interstate, this was my rationalization for leaving. I left about 1:30. I made it to Tappen, which is about 45 miles or so from Bismarck. I had talked to Brent when I hit Steele and I still thought I could make it to at least Jamestown. I could only drive 40 the roads were GLARE ICE and snow covered. I had no idea where on the road I was and it was so white out it was almost blinding!!!! Don't forget that the ditches are full of water so not a good time to slide off the road!!! I talked with Pat and Sheryl and after their convincing I turned around and headed back to Bismarck. Lesson learned. There is a reason they say no travel advised, heed the warning!!!!!

My dear sister wanted me to be able to get home so she put me on a plane the next morning!!! I had to listen to a baby with bad ears cry the whole time and it was very turbulent, but it was much better than any of my little "drives" I had taken. I was home by 9:20am!!! 1 hour and 20 minutes sure beats a 6 hour drive!!!

I weighed myself this morning and to my surprise I did not gain any weight, I lost .2 of a pound even!!! This is great considering I did not eat well while I was gone. My sister has great snacks in her cupboards and if you look good enough you can even find the candy!!!

I hit the gym this afternoon, before I got there I had decided that I would do a short easy workout since I haven't been there in over a week. Good decision, I had to do my workout without music as both my I-pods were at home. I had taken one to Bismarck and I went to my purse to get it before I left but got side tracked when I remembered I needed to get my Y card out of there. I was hoping that my other one was in my bag but my wonderful husband must have taken it out to charge it for me. He does this for me because I can't seem to get it done. Thank goodness for him or I would be working out with no music much more often.

I must say today was a challenge without music, I did 35 minutes on the elliptical and called it good!!!

I will go back to eating my chicken and veggies probably next week since this week is almost over, I will work on making healthy choices and not eating much bread. I made chicken spaghetti last night with whole wheat spaghetti. Sydney and Pat both ate it!!!! It is wonderful when you can cover up the brown noodles with lite soup and tomato sauce!!

No comments:

Post a Comment