Today, what a day, At work I think I did more work in my first 45 minutes than I have all week. My regular partner called in sick so I was with 2 new part-timers which made it even worse. I will tell you one thing after today they sure know the "real" Shelia. An example of that would be I went to throw something away and noticed my trash can had trash in it but no bag, 1st thing that pissed me off, so I go get a bag and when I pick up the can, I notice a half eaten strawberry in there. So I say to the new guy (I am thinking the 11-7 officer did it) "whose the jackass that threw a strawberry in this trash when there clearly isn't a bag in here" "Idiot". The new guy, Travis doesn't say anything but his face is getting very red. I said "oh so your the jackass, idiot" "clean it up then". He of course has an inmate do it but it got done, so I really didn't care. Then I tell him he is going to have to supervise this "BORING, hard to understand play that is going to happen at 1:30, he said "no way in hell, I had to do that when I got trained in and it sucked". I say "sorry punk" "I'm punking you out, because it really sucks, and I can, but on the brighter side your experienced at it since you've done it before" The Star Tribune even came to do a story on the 10,000 Things performers, they perform at jails and are non-profit or something. Not sure what issue it will be in but the inmates were getting all "dolled" up incase they got their picture taken!!! That's one for your kids scrapbooks!!!!
What a day, after work we had a union meeting with lawyers present at the Green Mill to discuss the TB out break that has been going on for a year now. 47 officer have had positive tests with 3 actually contracting TB. This isn't looking good, but the pizza at the meeting was looking very good. I asked my friend Nikki if I should have a piece as her skinny ass was on her 2nd slice and she said yes so I did!!! What are friends for!!.
To try and rid my head of guilt I headed to the gym and did 4.20 miles on the treadmill in 50 minutes. It was about 650 calories. While on the treadmill I am thinking that pizza was so not worth all this work. Remember that for next time why don't you dumbass!!!
My hope for tomorrow is to get to the gym before we leave for ND. It will be an interesting trip. Our plan is to take turkey sandwiches with us for lunch so that we can still eat off the plan while in the car. Incase you are wondering what that smell is, yes I am making a turkey breast at this very moment. You see the plan does not allow for Deli meats, to much sodium, therefore I have to cook!!! The plan is also not very "travel friendly" unless you think eating a salad in the car is considered friendly!! I don't think my husband would even allow salads in the car!!!!! No Ketchup, I know that one for sure!!!!
It's so funny to think of you being a hard-ass! Thank you so much for this blog. You always make me laugh.
ReplyDeleteNow I know why your house smelled like Thanksgiving tonight! Num!!! I think most food plans do not allow deli meat. The BL plan cautions against it also. I know that I have to watch sodium. I've retained water since high school.
Hope you have a great trip and don't feel too sabotaged in ND!