Thursday, September 9, 2010

Hide and Seek at 6am!!

Last night I was talking with my husband about not losing any weight this week even after doing the 30 day Shred for 7 out of the 8 days. I said that I HAD wanted to weigh on Wednesday morning then have him hide the scale from me so that I could only weigh once a week. Since I did not have a loss on Wednesday for the week I decided that to hide the scale would not be a good idea, I certainly do not want to go up this week. I got up this morning and something was missing, the SCALE!! I said " it was a thought"!! Honestly I was horrified I couldn't even function for a few minutes. Thoughts were racing through my head, "do I wake him up and ask what the hell he did with it", "do I go looking for it myself" "What am I going to do". Not much I could do, I sucked it up and got ready for work. It will be ONE REALLY LONG WEEK FOR ME!! Honestly I don't know what the big deal is for me to weigh myself, the scale seemed to go up little by little and I didn't didn't do much to stop it. I think in my mind I feel I can eat things that I "know" I shouldn't be having because I go to the gym and will work it off. Obviously there have been more than a few times I have consumed more calories than I have worked off.

I did the 30 Day Shred when I came home from work today, I had planned on going to the gym, but I just couldn't motivate myself to go. What else did I have to do? NOTHING. I was really tired so I did take a half hour nap. I had a good day eating, except for the few animal crackers I had with some peanut butter. I need to find a healthy peanut butter ( I have Jiff, not so healthy) that tastes good or just get rid of what I have. I will work on that.

I have another 16 hour shift tomorrow, so I will try and get up at 5:30 to do the Shred, or I will take the day off. I really don't want to take another day off, but 16 hours makes for a VERY LONG DAY!! Working with inmates for 16 hours is very mentally draining. Ever worked with people who ask the same question 20 times a day, feel they are entitled to everything, do not know the meaning of the word "NO", and when they do hear it say "I am going to call my lawyer" and take absolutely no responsibility for their actions? Welcome to my work day.

My hope for the weekend is to get my measurements taken and posted, better late than never, and change my picture on my blog, it is 2yrs old!!

2 comments:

  1. If you want me to take your pictures I will. Then you won't have to get frustrated with your hubs! =]

    If you take tomorrow off, you can make it up a different day right? I don't think I could pull off a 16 hour work day. You have to burn extra calories being on your feet for that long AND deal with vast quantities of stupidity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really funny about the scale.
    What are you thinking about Level 2? I've done it for 2 days, and uhm, it is hard. I finally got used to Level 1....I guess that will be the case over the next week.

    ReplyDelete