Yesterday was my first day doing level 3 of Shred. I must say it is challenging!!!
Today was my day to weigh in, I stepped on the scale and to my disbelief I GAINED 2 POUNDS. SERIOUSLY I knew that I had a few beers,pasta and pizza but to gain 2 pounds was devastating. I honestly do not know what to do. I have done the Shred DVD everyday this month except for 3. I am committed to doing it, when will I see the results? Hell I even did it when the chiropractor told me not to. I am following WW without going to the meetings, tracking what I am eating. I know where one down fall is and that is drinking water. I need to make myself drink more. Not just at night right before bed either.
Today was a HORRIBLE day at work, I was telling my co-worker I really need a beer later today. Her comment to me was " how can you work so hard at the gym, do this DVD you talk about, watch what you eat and then say you want a beer". My comment back was " I have worked my ass off doing that DVD, watching what I'm eating and the results are the same as when I started so why shouldn't I have the beer?" I am sure other people have been in my place before so please hand out those little pieces of advice that I either haven't heard before or the ones that appear to be so simple I must be missing them.
I know this will probably sound awful to some of you but I am 95% sure that I will call in sick to work tomorrow. I just need a mental health day. This is only one example in my crappy day today and speaks volumes as to why I need a break. I am a correctional officer, I am the one who books people into our jail (actually we are a workhouse so people are not brought in off the street they have already went to court and were given a date to turn themselves in to us). I booked this lady who was in her 50's in on a DUI. I ask her if she needs a padlock to lock her court papers up in the dorm she will be staying in. She said "what did you say" I repeated myself, again she said "what did you say", "I don't know what your asking me". I said " this is a padlock, do you know what they are used for", "yes" she says with an attitude, I say " would you like one to lock your papers up with" again she says " what do you want me to do with it". I say " never mind you don't need a padlock". I then proceed to take her into the dorm she will be staying in. I say you are in bunk 1201 top bunk, 1st section, right in the front. She wonders to the back of the dorm. I again tell her where her bunk is, she looks at the numbers but can't seem to find number 1. Which she was standing right in front of. At this time my co-worker could see my distress and took over helping her. The rest of the day was very much the same!
When I got home I was in no mood to do the DVD, I was like "screw it" "why do it"? I had a bite to eat, tried to take a nap, guilt overtook my mind about not doing the DVD, so I got up and DID THE DVD!!!!
Do you need a padlock for your scale? Maybe it's broken.
ReplyDeleteHOW THE HELL ARE YOU GAINING? It doesn't make sense? Are you PMS? or other hormonal things?
I am so sorry. The frustration has got to be getting you.
They say that stress does effect weight loss? I've never bought into it, but maybe?
YOU SHOULD TAKE A SICK DAY!!!! Take care of yourself and enjoy it.
Hang in there, and yes, Level 3 is intense.
I don't know anybody that would judge you for calling in sick. Mental health days are as important as physical health days. And to be honest, you have one of the most stressful job imaginable.
ReplyDeleteI think it's hard to give advice not knowing exactly what you are eating/drinking. I'm pretty good at giving it, just not following it. Most importantly right now, be proud of yourself for doing that DVD last night when you didn't want to. That was a very good move my friend!
Here are the things that I can think of...when you are tracking your food/drink, are you writing down everything and being honest about it? Please know that I'm not questioning your integrity. But I know that I personally get food amnesia quite frequently. Those little things can add up quickly. I am the queen of, "Oh that little thing won't matter." Maybe for some people that don't. Unfortunately She, I don't think we fall into that category.
And yes, stress does effect weight loss. I'm going to have to look for the medical research documentation but there is a physical connection to mental stress. I will share it as soon as I can find it.
Now for the pep portion of this comment... KEEP IT UP! Regardless of what that stupid scale says, you are doing something great for your body! Even if you are not losing that pounds, you are still improving your muscle tone and your cardiovascular health. And after a stressful "day at the office", a work out can hopefully help to relieve some of that irritation!
xoxoxo
Laurie, I think I might be the one that needs a new scale, the kind that doesn't go up. haha
ReplyDeleteGym Girl, I think your right about journaling, I think I do a good job but I may need to revisist it. Stress, Yes I have been stressed with work and I know this I just don't know how to "let it go".