Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tuesday workout

I went to the gym today, my nose is still a little runny and my head isn't going to blow up, although it does sort of feel that way when you are on the treadmill!! I had to do an interval training today, which I was not in the least bit excited to do, I hate them. It turned out to not be as bad as I thought it was going to be. I did it for the 35 minutes then continued on for a total of 55 minutes, 4.50 miles and almost 700 calories. Not bad for not feeling so good. What I decided while doing this is that I think from now on I am going to have to be how I was when I was doing WW. I have to burn the calories I consume in one of my meals!!! SO If I eat 1000 calories worth of chips, I will have to work hard to burn them off. Actually when I did this before I was so obsessed that I would burn between 1000-1300 calories per workout and didn't stop until I reach the number I was going for. When I did this I usually chose to burn off my lunch. That was when I was working 3-11. So this time I am not sure what I will try to burn off. Maybe my snacks, all together they are probably more calories than all 3 of my meals, therefore the reason I lose no weight. Actually I don't think I should call it snacking, how about non-stop eating, that is more like it!! So sad!

I have this uncontrollable urge to eat when I get home from work. Part of it is that I wait way to long to eat, then I am overly hungry and nothing is safe, I will eat whatever. Ok, not true I will eat the most unhealthy crap and leave the healthy stuff to spoil. Stupid!! I know this is so dumb, I realize when I am doing it that I am going to have to work that much harder at the gym, but I don't care, until I get to the gym and actually start working out and begin thinking of all the crap I ate. My brain is fried when it comes to putting eating and exercise together.
Why is that? I try not to buy chips and crackers but then find myself circling the store at least 3 times and ultimately going back and grabbing them. If I wouldn't buy them, I would not eat them. I am not the type of person to run out and get chips because I am craving them, therefore I wouldn't even have to worry about it. Maybe that should be my newest goal, not buy chips, however Old Dutch just brought the Ketchup chips to the US, huge downfall, why couldn't they have just left them in Canada!!!! Love them!!
If I had to clean out my cupboards of all the processed and bad stuff I eat, I wouldn't have anything left!! SAD but true!
Most people trying to lose weight don't like to exercise, me, I don't mind that I just can't eat right. Where can I find someone to eat good for me and I will do the exercise for them, win, win for both, if only this were possible.
I need to find a solution that will work for eating and exercise so that I can get to where I want to be. Let me ponder this for another day!!!!!! What is one more day, I have been pondering it since I started this blog!!! Frustration!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh - ketchup chips??? I always used to dip my chips in ketchup. Most people thought it was weird but it was like french fries to me.

    You are absolutely right. I also have to keep the junk food out of the house. I just have to! If it's here, I will eat it (and in mass quantities).

    Wouldn't it be great if we could do the "I will eat right and you exercise"? You could exercise for me and I could keep trying stuff like sushi (never again!). I do like to exercise but always seem to have a hard time putting them together simultaneously.

    ReplyDelete