Monday, September 6, 2010

Shredding for for the weekend!!

This is how the weekend played out. Friday I did not blog, I had the 16 hour shift at work. Like I expressed before, the eating and the exercise scared me. I did not get up at 530 and do the " Shred" one day missed. However I did walk at work for 20 minutes. Eating at work. This is so hard for me. I work at a jail so when we are on our break we can get called to respond to situations at anytime. This is what makes bringing your own food hard. If you get called you have to leave it unattended!! Now who wants to come back and even think about eating it when you have no idea who has been in the staff dining room. It is off limits to inmates unless accompanied by an officer, but let us remember following rules is not their strong suit. So on Friday I had packed my own lunch but due to time and back up with breaks I ate mashed potatoes with chicken gravy at 10:00am and at 2pm. I had a ice-cream scoop eat time. I had a smoothie from McDonald's for breakfast. Good up until later with the calories. (at least I think). Then on to the 3-11 shift my wonderful co-workers are full of surprises!! One brought me a LG White Chocolate Frappe thing from Starbucks and the other brought me a Greek Chicken Sandwich from Dino's. I had no idea they were bringing this stuff so how do you say "no thank-you, I have a veggie burger in the freezer". Both things were wonderful. At 9 I was starving, I am not even kidding you. I had some dried apples and a Slim Fast bar, at 11:30 when I got home I had a piece of homemade pizza. Friday was a rough day

On to Saturday. I tend to feel guilty and then try to over compensate. I got up and went to the gym and did 35 minutes on the elliptical and then came home and did the Shred. I had a deli-flat with PB&J before working out. The PB&J was so minimal I could hardly see it. Only for the taste. I have been craving Peanut butter horribly lately. Then for lunch a veggie burger on a deli-flat. Supper was a lettuce &spinach salad with other veggies mixed in with Lite 3 Cheese Ranch dressing. I do not like lettuce!!!!! I forced myself to eat it. I also had some watermelon!!! Part of the guilt from the day before must have been kicking in. I had a few pretzel M&M's just the little bag you get from the checkout stand. I shared with my step-daughter so I did not eat the whole pack. What happened at 11:00pm. I was starving. So I had a deli-flat with minimal PB&J again. Good choice, probably not but I am not going to bed starving. I hate that feeling. I am sure you are thinking were you really starving or just thought you were. No my stomach was literally growling!! What gives?
Sunday, got up had a couple of bites of yogurt, hit the gym for 35 minutes on the treadmill, came home and did the Shred. I cleaned both my bathrooms before taking a shower. By this time I am hungry, very hungry. I tell my husband if I don't eat I am going to be sick, that was the honest truth. He asked what I wanted and I said a cheeseburger and fries from Culver's or a Meat and Potatoe burrito from Taco Johns!!!!! Did I really tell him this? Yes, I did. By the time I got out of the shower and ready for the day he was back with our meal, Culver's. It wasn't until after I ate it I looked at the points. Well for both burger and fries it was 15pts I think!! I get 22 for the day!!! Supper was turkey breast that we cooked and 2 grands biscuits and a scoop of potatoes. I had watermelon and some crackers with a ww Peppercorn cheese wedge later. Way over on points. However I was not hungry at 11:00when I went to bed.

Today, Monday. I got up early, had a stomach-ache. I did Shred then went to the gym and did 65 minutes on the elliptical. Before I went I had two bites of yogurt and a bite of this banana oatmeal bar that I made last night. WW recipe, I forgot I made it before and it is gross. I will chop it up and put it in yogurt to use it up as not to waste it. I came home and had a chicken salad sandwich made with Greek yogurt and wing sauce. Red peppers on top all on a Arnold's Sandwich thin. I had warmed up some chicken tortilla soup but only had two bites I wasn't that hungry. I did have some watermelon. About 3:30 I had some chicken salad on Flips. Not a good choice. Flips are not point friendly but we didn't have any Wheat thins. Supper was suppose to be Roast Beef, however I forgot to put it in the crock pot!!! OOPS!! We will have left over turkey!!!

Here is the pattern for the weekend. I do not like to eat when I get up, so I have a few bites of something. Then I workout and have to shower before I can eat. By this time I am super hungry and I want to eat whatever is closet. NOT Good!! I need to teach myself to eat little things on the go if I have to!!! The good thing about all of this is that I weighed myself today at I am at the same weight as Friday. So after a crappy weekend, I am still the same!!! I tend to weigh everyday, not healthy. My goal is to weigh everyday until Wed which will be a week since I started Shred. I am then going to have my husband literally hide the scale!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am so interested in your job, tell me about the jail.
    I get the cute little pictures by googling "clip art" and then I'll put the subject in like "clip art exercise". Sometimes they want to charge you, I just try to import it without the fee, sure it has their name on it, but I don't care.
    I missed Shred on Saturday because of the soccer tournie, but have done it all the other days. My food has been bad. Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright my friend...two questions for you. Where are your fruits and vegetables? How much water are you drinking? When I look at what you are consuming, those are the two things that I see as missing. You know, in WW terms, filling foods. Maybe that could help with the late night hunger. I also think that you should pack a little snack to eat on your way home from the gym or to eat that little snack right after your Shred DVD. It could be something as simple as a protein bar or shake. It also could be a PB&J sandwhich. It just needs to be something so you don't get to the feeling sick point.

    See you tonight at dinner!

    ReplyDelete