I'm back. This is sad, I only worked out on Monday and Wednesday last week. On Tuesday I waited for some people to come look at our couch, they never showed up and Thursday I worked until 5:30 so I was home by 5:45 but had no desire to go to the gym, lazy I guess.
Friday was day from hell for me, I'm pretty sure my brain quit working and my stomach said "eat as many carbohydrates as you can today, try it in the form of bread" so I did. Before I tell you what I ate I will tell you that I was at work and I worked from 7am until 11pm!!!! Hold on this is going to blow you away. 4 grilled cheese, 2 bowls of tomato soup, I didn't really eat them I just used them to dip the sandwiches in, 1 pb&j sandwich and 2 pieces of toast with real butter, 1 piece of cake and some stupid apple pastry thing that was crappy but I ate it anyway. That was in the course of 16 hours. When I got home I was STARVING!!!!!!Are you kidding me. I went to bed hungry without eating anything only because I had to get up at 6:05 the next morning. When I got up Saturday morning I was still STARVING!!!! However I held off and did not eat until 9:00. When I did eat I ate a burnt pancake and 2 potato hash brown pattie things. Later I had a cheese sandwich, I was once again at work for 16 hours. At least my eating was under control on Saturday. Not the best but I didn't have time to get stuff together to take with me Friday night.
What did I learn from this, I am ADDICTED TO CARBS!! ESPECIALLY BREAD!!! The sad thing was the more I ate the hungrier I was!!!! It is so STUPID!! Here is the part that pisses me off. I weighed myself today, as it is Monday and guess what? I did not lose anything nor did i GAIN anything!!! WHAT after eating all that how could that be possible!!! (of course I double checked the scale I always do). Figure it out for me. When I workout and watch what I eat I don't lose, when I eat like a starving mad women and don't workout, I don't gain or lose. I could just SCREAM!!! Don't get me wrong I am glad that my stupidity didn't make me gain, but what does that say for all my hard work???
I did go to the gym today and was frustrated the whole time I was there. I did my New leaf workout and my heart rate was not suppose to go above 154, it was like I was hardly moving and felt like I was never going to get done!!!! But I did it. I cheated on it, I was so frustrated I started running so my heart rate was higher than it was suppose to be but it felt good!!! My legs were super sore today. When I am tried that is a warning sign for me, tired legs, so I must not be caught up on my sleep from this weekend yet, but that is not going to stop be from going to the gym. What do I like to say "SUCK IT UP" !! By the way I need new running shoes!!!
It was only one bad day - right? I'm sure that it helps that your body was like, what the heck? I just want to rest a little but am having to work for 12 hours at a time! Let me know when you have a Friday off. I want you to come with me to a Strike! class.
ReplyDeleteThis stupid thing-I just tried posting a comment and the dang thing didn't work-operator error?? Very likely!!
ReplyDeleteIn case my comment is lost in cyberspace someone, I posted that I just registered to run the 5K in Fargo this spring. I am super excited, maybe it's the motivation I need; seeing my name on the registration list. Last night I started training by doing 2 miles of walk/run. My goal is to go to the gym Wed, Thurs and Sat for sure and Sun if the time works out. Wish me luck!!!